JEDI One's dashboards enable you to visualize your data. There are two types of dashboards:
- Data view
- System view
Data view dashboard allows you to view and add charts that are organized on a grid. JEDI One provides several types of charts so that you can choose the one that best suits your data and application.
Adding a chart to data view dashboard
Select "Dashboards" from the JEDI One navigation menu, and then select "Data View".
To add the first chart to an empty data view dashboard, click "Add Chart" button. To add additional charts, click the "+" button in the top right hand corner of the data view dashboard.
- Enter a name for the chart.
- Select a chart type.
- Select a data source. A data source comprises of a device ID (either a specific IP address or other unique device identifier) and the data attached to that device. If a device ID is not available, the IP address of the device is used. If a device has not yet sent data to JEDI One, you must first add the data source before you can select it.
- Select a property associated with the selected data source.
- Enter the unit for the data. The unit will be printed on the chart.
- Enter a refresh interval in seconds.
Adding a new data source
You must specify a data source for creating a chart or a rule.
When sensors, devices or machines connect to JEDI One, they are automatically added to the data source list in the new chart and new rule forms.
If a sensor, device or machine has not yet connected to JEDI One or sent data, you will need to manually add a data source using the "Add New Data Source" selection present in the source list for new chart and new rule forms.
Additional configuration may be required based on the selected chart type.
Chart types supported in Data View
- Radial Bar Percentage
- Data Table
Line charts are best suited for observing trends in live and historical data.
Area charts are similar to line charts except for their visual appearance.
Understanding line and area chart controls
JEDI One provides several controls to interact with a chart. Some controls are common across all charts supported in data view dashboard.
- History mode: Switch to history mode. You will be prompted to select a data range, the downsampling type and resolution.
- Reload chart: Forces reloading data from JEDI One.
- Zoom out:: Enables you to zoom out.
- Zoom in:: Enables you to zoom into the data.
- Edit chart:: Allows you to edit an existing chart's configuration.
- Delete chart: Deletes the chart.
Selecting data range for viewing history
History view controls
- Zoom cursor: allows you to select an area of the chart and zoom in.
- Undo zoom: allows you to undo previous zoom operation.
- Download image: allows you to download the current chart as a PNG image file.
- Download CSV: allows you to download the current char data as a CSV file.
- Live mode: switches the chart back to live data mode.
- Downsampling type: allows you to adjust the data sample size that is shown in the chart on the JEDI One dashboard. In the screenshot, downsample by mean and resolution by minute tells JEDI One to only display the mean of the data computed over a minute.
- Downsampling resolution allows you to change the time period over which the downsampling method/type will apply.
Note: Setting downsampling type to none can negatively affect performance if the selected date range spans multiple days and there are a lot of data points to load.
Tile charts are best suited for displaying instantaneous data.
You can edit the chart configuration to customize the icon, high value threshold, low value threshold, color of text for each threshold and offers a blink control for the text when the value crosses the configured thresholds.
Radial Bar Percentage
Radial Bar Percentage charts are best suited for displaying a data value as a percentage of a whole.
You can edit the chart configuration to set the maximum value used by the chart to compute the percentage.
Gauge charts are best suited for displaying the current data value on a scale from zero to a configured maximum value.
You can edit the chart configuration to set the maximum value used by the chart.
Data table charts are best suited for displaying a group of data values as a table.
You can edit the chart configuration to customize the column headings, and add multiple data rows.
System view dashboard allows you to import a background image and overlay data widgets on top of the image. JEDI One ensures that the widgets retain their positions on the background image when the browser window is scrolled, resized or minimized. The System View dashboard is useful for visualizing data in its enterprise environment.
- Widget palette
- Background image
- Number widget
- Liquid widget
- Gauge widget
Widget types supported in System View
- Text (Label)
To import a background image, click the background icon in the widget palette.
Add widgets by clicking the appropriate icon in the widget palette. Select the data source and property.
To resize the widget, click on the widget and use the handles on the sizes to resize the widget.
To move the widget, click the widget and use the blue handle on the top right hand corner to move the widget around.
To delete the widget, click the widget and then click the red trash bin icon.